What’s New? Homeowners nationwide are remaining in their homes typically 13 years, five years longer than they did in 2010. Many stay much longer, another reason supply is so tight and pricing is up in many areas. There are now less than HALF the number of homes for sale per household compared to 2007.(WSJ)
What’s New? Steve Eisman, renowned for his bet against the subprime mortgage debt that helped spark the 2008 financial crisis with his story that became the basis of Michael Lewis’ book and movie “The Big Short,” doesn't see looming economic issues beyond the global industrial recession, which he says is not the same thing as a recession. His short positions include Zillow, which he calls “the most flawed business model he’s ever seen.” (CNBC)
What’s New? ECOS Air Purifying Paint is a protective finish that dries to a hard, durable film. Ideal for all interior/exterior walls, furniture, and trim, including use in kitchens and bathrooms. This paint absorbs and neutralizes chemicals and pollutants, solvents and VOCs, for improved indoor air quality. Available in 4 sheens, odorless, non-toxic, and VOC-free.
What’s New? The average FICO credit score is 706. Here are some tips about CREDIT SCORES....
- Seeking information about your own credit score is always a soft inquiry, and won’t cost you points on your score, unlike a bank - a HARD inquiry - checking your score for a mortgage application.
- Preferably use less than 30% of your available credit each month and ideally less than 10%. Paying off your bills fully every month while fully using your credit is less effective. Raising your credit limit could help keep your percentage of utilization down.
- Keeping a balance on your cards doesn’t help and could set back your financial goals, which are better served by consistently paying off credit-card debt in full.
- Closing an older credit card won’t help your score and it might actually hurt you.
- Every time you open a new credit card - or take out a loan or qualify for a mortgage - the overall average age of our credit takes a hit, and the hard inquiry subtracts more points from your credit score.
- Getting that first credit card is important to building a thicker credit file, and retail cards are often among the easiest to qualify for.
- Shopping around for a mortgage getting multiple credit scores can hurt your credit, but when credit scoring companies see different lenders pulling your credit score around the same time, they bundle multiple requests as a single query. So shop different rates at the exact same time, within 14 days or less.Late payments, collections, foreclosures and chapter 13 bankruptcies hurt your credit score for 7 years. A chapter 7 bankruptcy will hurt it for 10 years. But, with the exception of the bankruptcies, the impact of the other problems diminishes as the information ages.
- Banks typically won’t report any debit-card activity to credit-reporting companies, but choosing the credit option on your debit-card purchase means the funds could take up to 3 days to post, whereas the debit option means immediate withdrawal.
- 21% of consumers studied in 2012 found errors that resulted in modifications by the credit-reporting firms. Not all credit reports are accurate. So check your credit by regularly looking at your credit report. You are entitled to a free copy of your credit report annually from each of the credit-reporting companies (TransUnion, Experian, and Equifax).You can request them at AnnualCreditReport.com or by calling 1-877-322-8228. (WSJ)
48 Flora Vista Place, Danville, CA 94526
4 Bed | 3 Bath | $1,500,000 | Compass Listing
Tucked within a private cul-de-sac on the Westside, just moments away from downtown Danville. Entering 48 Flora Vista you are greeted with vaulted ceilings and recently installed solid hardwood floors. Updated gourmet kitchen is open to the family room. Remodeled bathrooms. Plenty of storage throughout along with a 3 car garage. Backyard "playground" with putting green, solar-heated pool, fire pit, BBQ, fountain, and huge side yard great for gardening or dog run. Close to award winning schools, restaurants, shopping, and easy commute routes. Imagine yourself in 48 Flora Vista in time for the holidays!
408 Everett Drive, Danville, CA 94526
4 Bed | 2 Bath | $1,199,500 | Compass Listing
Absolutely darling - updated inside and out! All new luxury vinyl plank flooring, paint, light fixtures, paint & more! Beautifully remodeled kitchen w/quartz counters, white cabinets, stainless appliances, breakfast nook with island. 1-step down to spacious living room and dining room with brick fireplace and peaceful back yard views. Master w/barn door to luxurious updated master bath, fabulous updated hall bathroom and three additional bedrooms, all with mirrored closet doors. Great bonus room (detached) in backyard w/LVP flooring, recessed lights - could add a bathroom and kitchen and have a fully functional ADU! Huge backyard w/redwood trees, grape vines, lawn, huge side yard w/double gate access off Brookside Dr. Corner lot w/sprawling front lawn! Close to schools, parks, Sycamore Park & Ride and Iron Horse Trail!
319 Barrow Court, Walnut Creek, CA 94598
4 Bed | 2 Bath | $1,089,000 | Compass Listing
Stunning designer updates in a fabulous location. Updated ranch located on a cul-de-sac in the sought after Estates of Walnut Creek neighborhood. Light filled with vaulted ceilings, this home offers formal living and dining rooms, kitchen/family room combination with access to an outdoor oasis, four bedrooms, two full bathrooms and a laundry room. Featuring new flooring, updated kitchens and baths. The peaceful .23+/- acre yard provides ample room for recreation and relaxation and includes a sparkling swimming pool, lawn area, citrus trees, and more. This home offers a great opportunity to experience the Walnut Creek lifestyle!
19930 Sunset Drive, Los Gatos, CA 95030
5 Bed | 6.5 Bath | $15,000,000 | Compass Listing
Architectural masterpiece! The absolute finest materials were used to create and build this "museum quality" private gated estate. Unrivaled attention to detail was the spirit and theme to this "no-budget" build. Whitewashed exposed ceiling beams. Breathtaking views throughout! The kitchen is spectacular with all the very best amenities, appliances, custom materials including impeccable bespoke cabinetry. Opulent master suite with fireplace and commanding views. Luxurious master bath features a sculpted stone tub carved from a single block of Luna Bianca marble. Sited on 1.97 acres, the landscape is flawless. Infinity edge pool, fountain, bocce ball, multiple lounge and entertaining areas.
© Compass 2019 ¦ All Rights Reserved by Compass ¦ Made in NYC
Compass is a real estate broker licensed by the State of California operating under multiple entities. License Numbers 01991628, 1527235, 1527365, 1356742, 1443761, 1997075, 1935359, 1961027, 1842987, 1869607, 1866771, 1527205, 1079009, 1272467. All material presented herein is intended for informational purposes only and is compiled from sources deemed reliable but has not been verified. Changes in price, condition, sale or withdrawal may be made without notice. No statement is made as to accuracy of any description. All measurements and square footage are approximate. Equal Housing Opportunity.